1. What is the charging range of the transmitter?
The maximum charging range of the transmitter is 9 mm with HI-MACS in-between the receiver and the transmitter. It is best recommended to set the range at 6 mm for the best performance.
2. Do I need to plug the transmitter in?
Yes, the transmitter needs to be plugged into a GFCI (Ground Fault Circuit Interrupter) carried electrical outlet.
3. Is the transmitter itself hard wired?
Yes, the transmitter is hard wired with AC adapter.
4. How do I know if my phone is compatible with TechTop?
Visit following link to find out your phone’s compatibility with TechTop.
5. What receiver do I need to purchase for my phone to make it compatible?
Visit following link to find out appropriate receiver for your phone. The receivers need to be Qi certified to be compatible with TechTop.
6. Where can I purchase a compatible receiver from?
A compatible receiver can be purchased through Amazon or E-bay. The receiver needs to be Qi compatible.
7. How much do receivers cost?
Price for receivers varies by volume. Please contact your LG Hausys representative for details.
8. Will TechTop get warm when it’s plugged in, or only when my cell phone is charging on it? If TechTop gets hot:
a. How hot can I expect my countertop to get?
Charging process occurs within 10°C range.
b. Will the heat damage my countertop over time?
No, it will not damage your countertop.
c. Will the unit shut off as a safety precaution? If so, how long can I keep my phone on the unit before it shuts off?
Yes, the unit will shut off as a safety precaution if its temperature goes over 90°C.
9. What is the life expectancy of TechTop?
The life expectancy of the transmitter embedded in TechTop is 5 years similar to ordinary consumer electronics.
10. If my phone doesn’t charge when placing it on TechTop, how do I know if it is because of the receiver or the transmitter?
Use the provided receiving unit with light indication to find out which is causing the problem.
11. Will TechTop charge my phone faster than when charging with a cord?
No, it will not charge faster than a cord, but it is as efficient as 90% of charging with a cord.
12. How long will it take to charge my phone with TechTop?
It usually takes 2-3hours to fully charge your phone from empty battery with TechTop.
13. How long is the cord that is supplied with TechTop?
Approximately 5 FT
14. How does Tech Top work?
TechTop works by transmitting electromagnetism from the copper coil on the transmitter to a specific receiver for individual phone.
15. Where can I get a copy of the TechTop User Manual?
Please contact TechTop@lghausys.com to request a copy of the TechTop User Manual.
16. Who do I call if my unit is having issues?
You can call following number for any technical issue: 1-866-767-9764
17. Will using TechTop disrupt any of my other wireless devices such as internet, home security, etc.?
Using TechTop will not disrupt other wireless devices.
18. Can I use my phone while it’s charging?
You can use your phone while it’s charging as long as the phone is in an appropriate placement on top of TechTop.
19. Can I charge multiple phones at the same time?
You cannot charge multiple phones at the same time using TechTop.
20. Will TechTop charge other devices like tablets or laptops?
It is not compatible with tablets or laptops but will be available in near future.
21. What is the warranty on TechTop?
(1) full year warranty is provided for TechTop.
22. Where can I find a troubleshooting guide should I have problems?
You can find a troubleshooting guide in the Fabrication Manual under Fabricator menu.
23. Who do I call when my TechTop isn’t working?
See ‘1. Troubleshooting Instruction” on page 8 of the Fabrication Manual.
24. What happens when TechTop reaches its life expectancy, do I buy another one?
When TechTop reaches its life expectancy, you may contact LG Hausys authorized dealer or fabricator to replace the old unit to a new one. Please go to Dealer Locator to find the nearest dealer or fabricator.
25. Can I purchase the transmitter for TechTop without having my countertop replaced or fabricated?
You cannot purchase TechTop separately.
26. Does LG Hausys manufacture TechTop?
LG Hausys manufactures the surface material but not the transmitter.
27. Where is TechTop made?
The surface material is made from LG Hausys’ plant in the USA, and the transmitter is made in Korea.
28. Is TechTop safe for my health?
Yes, TechTop is not harmful as it is FCC certified.
29. What is Qi Standard?
Qi standard is a global wireless charging standard that enable wireless charging among Qi compatible devices. All Qi compatible devices, regardless of manufacturer or brand will charge wirelessly when placed on Qi wireless charging area.
30. With having to route to ¼’’ will the unit be visible in some colors?
The unit will not be visible in any color with the top routed to ¼’’ from the bottom.
31. Where can I get the DWG file for fabrication guidelines?
You can download the DWG file from the following link.
32. How is the unit adhered to my countertop, is it screwed in or glued?
A bracket is provided to cover the transmitter from the bottom, which needs to be glued on the bottom surface.
33. How much power does TechTop consume when it’s plugged in while NOT charging a phone?
The transmitter’s standby current is 10~20mA, therefore the standby power consumption is 0.12 to 0.24 w.